Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gotta Love Texas

Other than the severe weather, we are loving Texas! It's so beautiful, the people, even in the grocery stores, are polite and respectful, and they say Y'all!!! Every woman is Ma'am, and I saw a man with his little girl in a grocery cart that answered her dad, with yes, sir. Who couldn't love that? I admit that I didn't teach my kids that respect for elders. Not in that way, anyway.

We also saw a billboard that said:
Awl Change $29.95! (or whatever amount it was). Then underneath it said, "That's Oil Change for you Non-Texans! Love the sense of humor.

There was a bumper sticker that said:
"I wasn't born a Texan, but I got here as quick as I could!" Love it!

OH! and then I saw a billboard announcing the store in the next town...Guns & Gifts! ONLY in Texas! No matter what you think of the gun issue, that cracked me up! WHO would have a gun & gift shop?

4 comments:

  1. Love the humour. But 'Guns and Gifts' is just completely alien to our culture in the UK where even the police do not carry arms as a matter of course. They don't in New Zealand either but there is a greater hunting tradition there than in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shabby Girl - I love the "yes sir, yes ma'm" thing here too, it's so refreshing! :)

    We are out of storm danger for now, no warnings that I know of. I have good friends in Wichita Falls, people I actually call my family, and they always get worse weather than we do. Stay safe, my friend. :)

    Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know some Texans and this certainly is their sense of humor.
    I love that sign too.
    Seriously, who can afford it:)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're enjoying it! ;^)
    Have you seen the Cadillac Ranch, yet? You have to go there...and take pictures. ;^)

    Texans sure are fiercely proud of their state and their way of life.

    ReplyDelete