Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Along Highway 58 in Oregon

Well, new floor is in, carpet, tile, and mold are out!  We didn't know we had mold, but as soaked as we got last December, we should have suspected!  Anyway, we're very happy with this!
Numerous other repairs were performed during the last 10 days, including hopefully fixing the slide leaks.
Today we left La Pine, Oregon to work our way over to Junction City, OR to get a computer desk built & installed for Hubby.
It was a gorgeous drive this morning.
I had forgotten how lush Oregon is. I think they're still in early spring, weather-wise, because there are still many wildflowers alongside the road, as well as ferns growing out of cliffs, and wild rhododendrons.
We dropped down from 5,000 ft to 400 ft today.  A little blurry, but this was a pretty cool tunnel.
Lots of water moving along the highway.
But the most beautiful views we saw today, ran for miles against Hwy 58. I think it's called Fall Creek Lake. That's my best guess.
There were signs everywhere warning of elk. Yeah, I could see how they would like it there!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Lisa, it looks like Vermont...except the little tunnel bridge. I can't get over that you have hard wood flooring in there, never knew they'd do that. Pretty!!

    I don't know how I'd feel about coming down mountains in a camper like you're in. It's bad enough on the small hills in my school bus...heck, in my car ;) I'm a fraidy cat when it comes to down hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. You are very near us, here in Corvallis! Junction City is just south of here, birthplace of thousands of RVs. I recognize all of these places. You're right, we have spring right up until the 4th of July! I love the daisies right now. It's a beautiful state.

    It looks like you're having a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floor is lovely!
    I am so jealous of you right now, I love that area of Oregon!
    Hope you all have a great Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, the flooring is beautiful...it looks like it will be very clean and pretty. ;^) What SPECTACULAR scenery...ooohhh...and still spring...love it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete