Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pelican

After a very stressful drive around, and around Corvalis, looking for Hwy 99W going north, we ended up at our destination in Pacific City, OR.  (Kerry, your city of Corvalis is gorgeous!  As we drove through downtown twice with the building on wheels, we were still charmed by all of the outdoor activity along the streets, even while sweating the traffic!) 

We set up camp, walked Shasta for a while, then decided we needed some calm down time at the Pelican Pub & Brewery on the beach.
Along with a nice glass of vino, we had some oyster shooters, served in shot glasses full of a tomatoey base with lemon and cilantro.  They had just been brought in that morning from the next bay up from us.  Oh my Lord!  They were so good!  Since that night, Hubby has bought oysters almost every day from the local grocery store! (Much less expensive from the grocery)
Look how huge they are! Yummy!

I was surprised to see that vehicles are allowed on some of the beaches here.
As the afternoon sun hit the wet sand, the ground steamed.
Big, full, deep breath of that clean ocean air!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds just heavenly. ;^)
    The beach photos are glorious!
    ;^)
    I know you must be REALLY enjoying it....
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so keen on the oysters but the beach photos make me feel really at home. I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the steam off the sand pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I just came around to see what you're up to, and I see you drove through Corvallis! 99W is poorly marked, huh?

    I see that you are still in Oregon. This is an excellent place to spend summer; the climate is sooo great. And isn't the Portland farmer's market a good one?

    ReplyDelete