Monday, November 8, 2010

First Day of School

Wilson's going to school today!  For a month!  It will take every single one of those days to make him the scholar we know he can be.
We've racked our brains trying to remember the name of the trainer that trained Shasta and Joe, our English Shepherd.  Joe, by the way, not only went to elementary school, but had to go to high school AND summer school!  A bit high strung, he was. 
Kate Davern, is a wonderful dog trainer, and has been training search and rescue dogs since we last talked to her.  I'm so happy that we found her, and that she has room to take Willy on.  He seems to have discovered his strength lately.  He's big.  He's strong.  And has no manners whatsoever.  Since he discovered the bizillion squirrels around this RV park, his delight at trying to catch them is boundless.  He is absolutely gleeful and so very focused that it's all I can do to hang on to the leash. 
So it's off to school for Willy.  I think we'll ALL be happier when he comes home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet Willy boy! Just look at him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor dear, he looks like he knows it's not going to be all recess and lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that he enjoys school more than I did! Mind you school cured me of chasing squirrels (leastways I assume it did because I've never chased any).


    WV = prize I hope he gets one and that the result is one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...look at that face! I know only too well the "fun" of being dragged around by a Golden on a mission! Hope Wilson enjoys school.

    ReplyDelete