Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home on the Range

I apologize for all of my photos taken through the windshield being all geehawky (and through a dirty windshield, no less), but moving down the road makes for a shaky, wonky picture!
I always thought of Wyoming as one of those brown states on the map.  In school I don't remember much taught about Wyoming.  Could be I just wasn't paying attention!  Ha! 
Well, I was wrong.  I don't know if it's just because we're going through in the spring, but it is really a beautiful state!  And we always thought Yellowstone Nat'l Park was in Montana.  Nope.  Most of it is in Wyoming.  And the Tetons, although we did not go that far north.
Not having lived in an area that receives tremendous amounts of snow, we assumed that these were snow fences, meant to keep the snow from drifting onto Interstate 80.
Wild flowers are still in bloom in Wyoming. Temps in the high 60's.
Lots of wind in Wyoming.
There was a very nice rest stop at the summit of interstate 80, elevation 8640.
<><>The monument at the rest stop.
So here, home on the range, we didn't see any deer, but we did see some antelope(pronghorn).
And although they were not playing, they seemed to be pretty happy!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite post of your travels so far. The scenery is amazing and the stories of the history of the road and people is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete