Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Serenity

I know it doesn't make for very interesting posts, but the whole point of us being here in Verde Valley is to lick our wounds and appreciate the quiet, peaceful surroundings.  I know I have talked about being wounded, and recovering, and poor me, for the last few months...but that's the reality of it.
This particular Thousand Trails in AZ is only about 1/3 full.  Yes, a lot of snowbirds travel to AZ to spend the winter, but Verde Valley sits at about 3300', which means it's cold at night!  I know, I know, that is just my opinion!  Hovering at 30* at night, the temperature the last couple of days has managed to get up to 70* during the day.  Mmmm, perfect! 
Hubby has been diligently working on polishing up the building on wheels.
He has dreamed of having the time to "putz" on the mh; clean, organize, and dream.  He has also spent quite a bit of time plotting out our course.  Nothing in stone at this point, but some possibilities.  The fly in the ointment is, we need to go east...Texas (to register the mh there for monetary reasons)...and New Orleans just cuz we always wanted to see it, and we'll meet family there. 
However, that leads us farther east to Florida, which creates the problem.  Problem?  Can you imagine me saying that we have a problem???  Hubby also wants to get back to OREGON (!) by next summer for some remodeling and LEAK issues.  Ummm, the price of diesel is, at this point of time, anywhere from $3.40 to $3.65 per gallon.  Are we really going to come allllll the way back to the west coast by next summer?
I'm thinkin' we need to revisit that plan.  We'll see how that goes...:)

4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful how you and your husband are taking this time just to "be" with each other in every sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful and I am envious of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some journeying you are undertaking. I'm going to have to consult my maps or Google Earth to plot your progress.

    By the way in the UK I think diesel is nearly $10 a gallon in many places.

    ReplyDelete